Monday, January 7, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow


Well, I guess La Nina is doing us some favors this winter. We had snow yesterday, today, and it's expected again tomorrow. It's great fun to have it here in the valley, but it's also falling much more heavily in the local mountains, which is exactly what we need after such a dry spring and summer. Nice for the ski resorts as well.

I expect I'll have to go out and drive in the snow today, but hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm not as happy with the Charger as I was with the Jeep, especially since I now have to deal with rear-wheel drive, but at least I have experience driving in snow.

We are encouraged by the Iowa Caucus results here. My husband and I were chuckling over the shock to the system many people might get if Obama and Richardson were to end up on the Democratic ticket. Not sure they'd be as electable together as Obama and one of the others, but what a turn-up if they got elected!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Idaho race. If possible, I'll go to the local caucus. It was good experience last time, but I'd be most interested to see who else in our area is a Democrat! Our little corner of SW Idaho is known for it's overwhelming Republican leanings.

Anyway, time to get some work done. Still snowing out there. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment