Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Morning After

Wow! We went to the Canyon County Democratic caucus last night. What an amazing difference. The lines went out the door and around buildings. It was incredible! Who knew there were that many democrats in Canyon County of all places! My sister and I went to our Congressional District 1 in 2004. I think there were around 400 people there. This year, Brenda went to the Ada Co. one (it went by county this time). There were 8,290 votes cast in Ada, and 1,635 in Canyon, the reddest county in the reddest state. What a difference a visit from Obama made! The majority of delegates in both went to Obama, 80% and 76% respectively. A record turnout everywhere, and very heartwarming to see.

I have pictures, but they're on my phone, and I'm not sure I have the cables to send them to my PC. Have to figures that one out. But if you're interested, have a look at the photo gallery at http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/286670.html

We have yet to see if Obama will be our candidate, but it's looking better. All that, and 3" of snow last night that I don't have to drive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment