Sunday, June 15, 2008

Who Are You?


I've gotten worse and worse about keeping up with emails to friends since starting a blog. The recent, and sudden, death of Tim Russert reminds me once again that there's nothing wrong with telling people how you feel once and a while. After all, you never know.

What's been going on in your life? Email and say hi, or try the little questionnaire below. Copy from below, erase my answers, put yours in their place, then post it in your journal or blog, or send me an email. Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration.

1. First Name: Monica

2. Age: somewhere north of 49 :)

3. Location: Southwest Idaho

4. Occupation: Background Investigator

5. Partner? Ken

6. Kids: three step-children who really aren’t children anymore.

7. Brothers/Sisters: A younger brother and sister (if mid-40’s can be considered ‘young’ :)

8. Pets: My toy poodle, Tachyon, and Jasper, my dear kitty left behind in the UK.

9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
1. Learning how to be a true partner to my husband.
2. Still learning how to do my job better. Keeping professional distance is the most recent challenge.
3. Learning to be an effective Scottish Country Dance teacher, so I can take my Full Certificate exam in 2010. While keeping a collaborative relationship with my two co-teachers.
4. Keeping the weeds from over-running this year's gardening efforts. And enjoying the plants as they come into bloom, after watching them grow for a few years.

10) Where and for what did you go to school for?
California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA, BA in Theater.
Cal State Northridge, Secondary Teaching Credential in English.
And here I am, doing something completely different, but the skills are still useful.

11) Parents?
I’m extremely lucky that both my parents are still around, in their mid-70’s, still active and reasonably healthy. I only hope I can do as well.

12) Who are some of your closest friends?
My husband. I’m very lucky we enjoy being together so much, hanging out, laughing, hiking, dancing, cooking, gardening, beach walking, canoeing, discussing politics, music, teaching, home improvement, you name it. He’s good at the things I’m not, and occasionally I actually feel a tiny bit smarter than he is.
Cheri, who is wacky, funny, and seems sooo blond, but is also smart, good at math, generous, and more kind-hearted that she lets on.
Diane, who sometimes reminds me of my younger self, but is braver and smarter than I ever was.
My long-time best friend, Teri P, who knows me almost as well as my family – and still likes me!
Tine, who flew across the US to come to my wedding and ended up being an unofficial bridesmaid.
And my sister, Brenda, whose determination and courage humble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment