Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dwarf Iris in Bloom!


I was walking back from the veg garden yesterday and saw these. I hadn't even noticed there was a bud on any of the little iris and here they were. In July! I'm not sure what this one is called. I have the names of all the dwarf iris mapped out somewhere, but I don't feel like digging it out. It's kinda cool to see it has a blue beard. One of the other ones is light yellow with a blue beard. I've been most curious to see that. I didn't think I was going to get any flowers on them at all this year, so we'll just have to see if any more of them flower.

I put some new pictures of Silver City up on my flickr.com website last night. I was kind of annoyed to realize partway through our day there that my camera was set on 'soft focus', so a lot of the pictures of buildings are all blurry.

Today I worked on weeding part of the gravel path between the front garden flower beds. I also trimmed back some of the juniper and wild rose along the drive so I don't have to scrape the rose thorns against my car when I come in. It looks nicer, but there's still tons of weeding to do. I keep wishing we could get a bulldozer to come scrape all the topsoil off and start again.

Now I just have to groom and wash the dog, vacuum the living room, clean the bathroom and tidy up our bedroom. Nothing like a day off, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment