Sunday, August 8, 2010

End of the First Week, A New Week Begins


It was a nice sunset yesterday. I took this from our lounge. It has a great view.

Yesterday Unit 5 only had a half day of classes. Then we were free to do whatever. I relaxed for most of the afternoon, then Kathy and I went out to run some errands. I found a slip at the nearby mall, and we had dinner. It was nice to get out. I had a good sleep, but I forgot I could have slept in another half hour. It would have been nice, but I woke up before my alarm and couldn't get back to sleep.

Here we are, Sunday morning. It rained last night and the sun was a little red ball over the hills. This was the view out my window, facing east. I think it's going to be humid again today. Hard to believe a whole week has gone by already.

My right knee is hurting, but it's not the thing it did last summer when I couldn't push up from a bent position. It's puffy and sore, but so far I can use it. I thought about going to the AGM Ball last night, but decided it was better not to if I want to be in reasonable dancing shape for Thursday. My hip has been good. It gets stretched every day in class warm-ups, so I'm not too concerned about it.

It's our third go-round of teaching practice, and I'm first. This morning I teach Lady Susan Stewart, a hyper-active little reel with a break-neck track figure to begin and two corner-partner figures. At least you get a bit of a rest for the last 8 bars. Yeow.

I'd like to take more pictures of us in class, but I haven't had time. Maybe today if we have stooges I'll get to sit out one dance and take a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment