Friday, September 17, 2010

Fifth Anniversary Today


We've made it through five years. Yea us! Of course it's going to be such a busy weekend we won't get to celebrate until Sunday. Victoria took some pictures of us as an Anniversary gift. This is one of them. I haven't seen them all but it's my fav so far.

At the risk of sounding like a Jane Austen heroine, our social season begins tomorrow, with the Boise Highland Games. In the evening The Bru plays at the local Contra dance. On Sept. 27th Scottish Country Dance classes start up again. And so the Fall-Winter whirlwind of activities begins.

The weather forecast says mid 70's all next week, with clouds and some chance of rain. In fact it's clouded over through this afternoon, although I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea of rain tomorrow. We'll be outside at the Games most of the day. At least I can wear my kilt instead of a white skirt, since I won't be dancing this time. So we're on our way into cooler Fall weather. Seems like I just put my winter clothes away a few months ago!

Picked two more big Virginia Sweet tomatoes today. They aren't perfect, but they should taste good. The Paul Robeson purple ones are just starting to ripen. I still have tons of green Legend on the plants. The scarlet runner beans are starting to take off at last, though I don't expect a big harvest at this point. But the sugar snap pea plant that has doggedly hung on all summer is coming into flower again. I picked three this morning. Wonder if I should plant a few more to see if they'll produce.

I love this time of year. We both do. It's why we got married in September. The days are cooler but still mostly sunny, the autumn colors are beautiful, and the nights get a nice chill. Plus there's all the funnest holidays of the year just around the corner. I'm looking forward to our weekend in Stanley in October. We'll either have gorgeous fall color or snow to hike in. Either will be fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment