Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gemutlichkeit

Why does it always seem more cozy, warmer, and safer when it's snowing outside and you're watching it from inside? Strange how we humans can feel that way just looking out at the weather. Of course right now I'm only wishing for it to snow, it's not actually snowing. The forecast says we could have 2-3 inches by tomorrow, but so far today I've only seen a few flakes fall for maybe one or two minutes, and that was it. Guess we'll see what the morning brings.

Otherwise there's not much going on here. I'm looking forward to my haircut next week, and my plantar fascitis has improved a lot, but it still comes back a little if I'm not careful. It's been frustrating while this "rest" period has gone by. I came back from TAC Summer School in relatively good shape after two weeks of dancing. Almost right away I had to stop dancing because of the pain. So my activity level has been much lower than normal all winter. I've also found that I need to be very careful about what kind of shoes I wear :\. This whole getting older thing is not fun.

But! I expect to get back to more exercise this week! Dance class starts up at the end of January and I want to be ready. I also plan to go to the workshop and ball in Portland in March, and I want to be able to enjoy that without significant pain. So time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment