Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sofia


Our new kitty, Sofia, doing what she does best - being lazy. Named for the tune, 'Sofia Duff Stewart's Favorite'. She's a very peaceful, quiet cat. And she's so well-camoflaged it can be hard to spot her outside on the driveway.


I've been out gardening again today. Cut off the old stems on perennials, planted some 'Lucifer' crocosmia, and *finally* planted veg seeds! I also pulled more rhubarb. This rhubarb plant Rules! The stems are nearly as big around as my wrist and it's growing so well I felt I had to take some out, or it would get too crowded. So we have another bunch of rhubarb stems waiting until I can cook them.

This is the cottage garden area, looking green and fairly happy. No flowers yet, but I haven't lost anything over the winter. I recently planted a Baptisia australis 'Twilight Prairieblues' next to the delphinium and the Russian sage (that empty area in the front-right). I'm hoping they'll complement each other. The delph and the baptisia are early summer bloomers and the sage is later. I had a penstemon in that spot, but it didn't make it through last winter. I'm hoping this plant will do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment