Sunday, May 29, 2011

Long Weekend

Rainy and cold yesterday, but the orange iris have started to open. I like these the best. They're such an interesting color.

We did *not* feel like doing things outside. Today started out sunny, but it's clouding over and getting windy. So another spring-stormy day. Supposedly it will be warmer and sunny tomorrow. We'll see. I have a lot to do outside, if it's not raining! I'd like to finally get the swiss chard planted out, and pot-on my seedling tomatoes. At least all the plants already out there are enjoying the rain. The pots on our deck are doing well. I've got some photos to put up but I'll have to add them to this post later.

I also have tomato seeds I should plant, late as it is. I got "Orange Paruche" from Park Seeds. They sounded yummy, so I'm hoping I can get some to grow this year.

It's nice to have three days off at last. I have to do some typing for work, but I can spend a couple hours on that and still have plenty of free time. I've made some good progress on my crochet projects, finally got around to stewing most of the rhubarb in the the fridge, and hard-boiled some eggs. I'm going to make a fruit crumble either this evening or tomorrow morning, using those black currants from Sue. I also hope to make some lemon curd.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I really like how you combined your potted plants. Nice job.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's been a strange summer here as well, so far. But maybe we'll complain about the heat some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it was a restful, fun weekend...lovely pots and yummy sounding desserts

    ReplyDelete