Sunday, July 10, 2011

Two Weeks to Go

Still here in Sierra Vista for another two weeks.  The past week was in the low or mid 90s.  Still hot, but not unbearable.  I try to do my fieldwork early so I can get home by early afternoon and avoid the worst of the heat.  That also tends to avoid the thunderstorms that have been blowing in nearly every afternoon.  We don't always get rain, but when it does rain it really pours.  There's nothing like driving around town running in and out of places through what feels solid walls of water, or jumping four-foot wide gutters.

Not much going on besides work, so I don't have much to say.  I've been renting DVDs from Hastings on the weekends, just to have something to do that isn't shopping.  The mall here is pretty small, but there's a Dillards, so it's still dangerous.  This weekend I watched the new Star Trek movie, and the new Liam Neeson one, Unknown.  It was good, had a nice twist at the end, but I'm just as glad I rented it rather than going to a movie theater. There are other movies I'd rather spend that money on.

No comments:

Post a Comment