Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last Day of August

This summer has flown by.  I feel as if I missed the whole month of July, even though I did get to do a few fun things while on detail.  But being away that long meant my garden was not as big as it normally would be, has more weeds in it than usual, and our opportunities for going camping were cut in half.  As it is now, we'll be lucky to get out one weekend in September.  I'd really like to, but I'd also really like to do a good job teaching at the workshop.  And now that hubby is teaching math classes at CWI, his free time is reduced as well.

So we're busier than ever.  But I'd still like to get out there.  I woke up in the middle of the night this weekend thinking I was out in the mountains in a tent.  It might have been a dream I was having.  But it made me realize how much I really want to spend a few days up there, away from all the stupid stuff down here.

The raspberries are doing well, but the grasshoppers are really bad this year.  Guess it's the high water winter we just had.  I'd like to have more of that area fenced off, so we could let the chickens loose in there.  They could take care of a lot of those bugs.  I'm not sure what else to do, except poison it all this winter or maybe in the spring.  This organic gardening thing isn't working out too well this year.

Work will continue to be crazy until the end of September.  So I'll be lucky to write anything here more than once every few weeks.  Hope the rest of your summer is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment