Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lazy Winter Day

We're both feeling slightly under the weather today.  An annoying low-level almost-cold, with stuffy head and a certain lack of alertness.  So we stayed in, took down the Christmas tree, moved the furniture back, did some laundry, read, crocheted (well, I crocheted), and just generally took it easy.  It was nice to have a day of no expectations.  But 24 hours is enough.  Tomorrow I'm going out somewhere.

I'm making gradual progress on a new scarf with the green-blue yarn I got recently.  I'm not even through with one repeat of the pattern yet, but I think it's looking ok.  I'm working on not tightening up my double-crochet stitches as much.  I was really reducing the height of the stitch.  I just hope I can get into the new habit of not-so-tight and be consistent through-out the scarf.


I've also worked a bit on the Spanish Tile motif scarf.  I enjoy the color changes in the yarn.  You can see some of the green and grey showing up in this picture.  I'm not sure how well it will block out, being partly acrylic, but I'm going to try.  Otherwise you can't really see the details of the motif.  I ordered a set of blocking squares today.  9 foam squares with interlocking edges, so you can put them together in different shapes as needed.

The weatherman predicted snow this weekend, although so far it's only cloudy.  Not even solid clouds yet.  I keep hoping.  Supposedly there's a 30% chance of snow on Sunday and Monday, but it'll turn to rain on Wednesday or Thursday.  At least we'll get some precipitation.  It's been a very dry winter here.  La Nina is failing us this year.  I was hoping for much more snow than this.  It's not even worth going up into the mountains to snowshoe yet and it's mid January!

No comments:

Post a Comment