Saturday, April 7, 2012

Far Behind

Too much catching-up to write this evening.  We've had our week of vacation and been back another week already.  I've put a few pictures up on FB, but I haven't had time to do a blog post about our trip yet. Perhaps tomorrow.  Tomorrow is Easter, and I'll be going to my sister's house for dinner and my niece's 7th birthday party.  Maybe I'll have some time in the evening for a vacation post.

There's so many other things I could have done today, but I went grocery shopping and spent two hours making macaroni and cheese.  It's a lot of work for one person.  Usually there's two or three of us working on it - grating the cheese, making the roux for the cheese sauce, doing the noodles, making the veg to go with it.  It tasted good at least.

The garden is begging for some attention, but it's been cold and frosty.  I guess I'm just too worn out from work to want to be outside for hours in the cold.  And yet the rhubarb has full leaves already.  I could make stewed rhubarb tomorrow if I wanted to.  The raspberry canes I left up for the winter already have baby leaves on them.  I need to cut those back, and a lot of other tidying up out there.  Sigh.

But some of the new tulips have opened, so that's cool.  I just wish the Purple Passion bulbs (a group of coordinated colors) was coming up all at the same time.  Those white ones are supposed to be mixed in with three other purpley colors.  Hmph.

I'm off to do some crochet in a warmer room.

No comments:

Post a Comment