Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Iris Pictures

Just wanted to put up some pictures of the mid-season iris.  The blue and yellow ones are in full bloom and there are now flower stems on the orange ones.  They usually show up later.  The iris variegata is also flowering now.  Nearly everything else has flower buds on it.




Here's a picture of the new clematis in flower.  I'm please I judged its flowering time correctly.  It comes up and flowers before all the larger things around it get tall and over-shadow it.  I don't remember how long it flowers, but at least it has a good start.

The driveway garden is progressing well too.  I'm happy with the new aqualegias I put in last year.  They're doing much better than the previous one that didn't make it through last winter.  The other new plants seem to be doing ok so far.  I don't know how long they'll last, but right now things look good.

My only disappointment so far are the ipheion bulbs.  They've put up some leaves, but no flowers.  I'll have to look them up again and see when they're supposed to flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment