Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Pots

Planted up some annuals in pots yesterday.  I'm trying a few new things.
This is a new color of callibrachoa, a really dark dark purple.  Along with a new petunia, Pink Lemonade.  Also an African daisy and yellow-leaved potato vine.  I can't wait to see this one grow and fill out.  The petunia is sort of pale yellow shading into a pink edge.  I had not seen it before.

Then a red, yellow & white themed half barrel.  Red callibrachoa, yellow-leaved coleus, white and yellow lantana, dark red zonal geranium, yellow snapdragons, and the leaves in the middle are a dark red daylily.  I got that late in the season last year, so I haven't seen it in flower.  I'll have to keep an eye on this one, as the barrel tends to dry out quickly.  It looks kinda bitsy and silly right now, but it will hopefully fill out well.

Also a new double primrose.  Opens lavender and fades to pale yellow, or is it the other way round :-).  I must get this into the ground when it's done flowering so I'll have it next year.  I like it a lot.





And a pot of viola 'Etain', with yellow and white snapdragons.




A pot of snapdragons with a red daisy.  Not a good picture.  Planted these two pots last weekend, so they've had a little time to get going.

I've also got two pots of dark red zonal geraniums I kept from last year.  They got really big in the house, so I'm hoping they'll take off quickly.

Anyway, doing the pots first not only means I get a good choice of annuals early in the season, but it gets me going on the gardening.  Today I'm going to work on other areas, in the actual ground. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment